REVEALED! COOKIES THAT IS SAID TO ALLEVIATE MENSTRUAL CRAMPS!
Hey ladies, get in here! Do you know that there is a delicious cookie that is said to alleviate period pains? Yes, Konbini.com says so!
Here we go. Tiredness, pains and aches, mood swings… it’s that time of the month again. Wouldn’t it be great if, right at the start of menstruation, someone showed up at the doorstep with a plate of freshly baked, anti-cramps and delicious cookies?
This is exactly what businesswoman Devon Loftus is now offering with Moon Cycle Bakery, a brownie-based home delivery service.
￼The service works via an app that not only tracks your periods but also allows you to pre-order menstrual pain treats for when you actually need them. These mouth-watering little cakes contain magnesium and ginger, known for their anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. They are also gluten-free.
If you want to have a go at baking some yourself, here is a recipe from Well and Good:
Gluten-free hazelnut brownies
Makes 12 brownies
2/3 cup chopped 70% cacao dark chocolate
5 Tbsp avocado oil or coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
2/3 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp of hazelnut extract
3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with coconut oil.
2. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and oil over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and maple syrup until mixed well. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
4. Whisk the mixture into the saucepan of the melted chocolate until it’s smooth. Stir in the hazelnut extract. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined, then fold in the chopped hazelnuts. Pour the batter into your brownie pan and smooth the surface.
5. Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes, or until edges are set and the center is still slightly underdone. (The center will set as it cools.) Slice into squares and serve.